Friday, November 17, 2006

home again

(Planet Earth)

So, here I am, back in the US, the MN, the MPLS...basically a long way from where I was a few days ago. It's amazing how you can wake up one morning and be halfway round the world from where you were the last time you woke up. I definitly experienced this phenomenon on Wednesday morning when I woke up in my own bed, in my own home of nearly 10 years, and was extremely confused as to where I was. Does this mean that humans are such fickle creatures that a few weeks in a new place will almost replace the old one? Or, I should say superficially replace the old, as my body remembers the hallways and light switches of my home even if my mind forgets. What do they call that? Some sort of psychological/subconscious/physical occurance.

Anyway, while it's nice to be home and see the good ole Mpls. and family and friends, there are some things that I miss about Europe already (like the compactness of practically everything), and I wonder whether I just need time to readjust to the US, or whether there are simply things/aspects of life that I prefer elsewhere. I guess I'll see what happens within the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home