Sunday, October 01, 2006

Firsts and Lasts

(Our props on the table in Central Park. Notice the New York-esque Diet Coke with straw. Joe, Jeremy, Caitlin, and Kristen in the background.)

Well, here we are, the last full day in New York City. Despite how I thought I might feel, or even how I felt after first arriving, I am actually sad to be leaving so soon. These 3 weeks have been more than amazing; possibly due to the fact that this was my first visit to NYC, to our awesome experiences with art and media, to the people I'm meeting on this program, or to any combination therein. Whatever it is, I can say with certainty that I will always remember this first city on our roadtrip with a smile on my face and a flutter of my heart. (I would just like to point out for those of you who don't know me personally that I am being completely sincere.) I think the thing that I like most about NYC is that it is just so alive; there are people everywhere, each one trying to make their way and live in the best way they know how. I am trying to picture myself in this city, and it seems to me that it would fit my artsy, active sensibilities. There is, however, the issue of money to think about...Networking anyone?

Another first on this last day was that I "acted" on camera for some friends' project. Rachel, Jeremy, and Julian are making a short fictional movie about spies, technology, and trans-city adventures, and I played a friend of the main character. It was pretty fun to do sound checks and mess with mics and seating arrangements, especially as this all took place in Central Park, specifically the Children's Zoo. We also used several props, including the ultra chic sun glasses I bought the first week here (I was supposed to look like a New Yorker with attitude; yes, funny). We ran the scene 4 times, with semi-scripted, semi-improvisational dialogue. It wasn't as embarrassing as I was scared it might be, and I will admit that my dreams of Hollywood glory were rekindled a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home