Wednesday, September 06, 2006

5 days encounting

It's been a long while since I've posted, and I guess a lot's happened since then. I returned home from Evanston, IL (and being a nerd all summer at Northwestern U), went to Eau Claire, WI twice with my bestest friends, and am now preparing for a new adventure in NYC and Europe. I am so excited for New York; never been there. I thought Minneapolis was a big city, but aparently not as it was really hard for me to comprehend the size of downtown Chicago. Now I'm wondering about New York... I think I'll probably be having a spaz attack every time I look up at the never ending buildings.

I wonder if the city's a lot like it's always portrayed in movies, or if it's different once you're actually living there. I guess I should say "living," because although we'll be there for 3 weeks (which is a lot longer than I could afford on my own), I'm sure I'll only make a tiny dent in the very surface of all that there is to see and do. They don't call it the Big Apple for nothin! I am sure, though, that there is a lot more to NY than what the superficial tourists typically see. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll want to see the Statue of Liberty & Co., but I think it'll also be amazing to just walk around the city and feel the incredible energy that must be there. Wandering around Chicago has taught me that. You usually wander onto something that you had no idea existed, and just think, you could be the only person in the whole world who has thought about it in the specific way you did. (Forgive me, this is unusually optimistic writing for me. I guess I'm just that excited + a city girl at heart. Sorry suburbs.)

It's hot. I'm going to go turn the fan on. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home